Some Breast Cancer Facts from The Breast Cancer Site
- Every two minutes a woman is diagnosed with breast cancer
- One woman in eight who lives to age 85 will develop breast cancer during her lifetime.
- Breast cancer is the leading cause of death in women between the ages of 40 and 55.
- Mammography is a low-dose X-ray examination that can detect breast cancer up to two years before it is large enough to be felt.
- When breast cancer is found early, the five-year survival rate is 96%. This is good news! Over 2 million breast cancer survivors are alive in America today.
Until next time....
pink ribbon image courtesy of http://www.carolsutton.net